Grandpa : dadubhai will you take me to the pandal for once please.
He went to the pandal in wheel chair ! An old lady came and stood beside him draped in a beautiful red-White saree with a big red bindi but wrinkled skin..
Grandpa and the lady looked into eachother’s eye and chanted the pushpanjali verses!
Even after 60 years she is his Durga inspite of knowing he is not Shiv and both kept the promise of “giving pushpanjali together every year since they were kids”……
A love story by me dedicated to all lovers across the world ! Some love never dies !
P.S.. Durga and Shiv are Worshipped as God by Hindus. And they are considered to be husband and wife . Pushpanjali is a ritual of offering flowers to God during celebration..
P.P.S.. Durga Puja is one of the most famous festival of India which mainly takes place in the city of Kolkata.. Though it is nowadays celebrated in every corner of the world with pomp and glory ..
Posted in Journal, love, movie, Photography, Uncategorized
- Tagged awesome, beautiful, beauty, celebration, Durga, Durga puja, eternal, festival, granddad, grandmother, happiness, india, kolkata, life, love, lovestory, nature, old, oldlovestory, shiv, someloveneverdies, story
She was a born champ who loved accepting Challenges..
She always won but fate made her lose in something special..
But Once again she took the most difficult challenge ever without accepting the defeat. The challenge “to trust and love again” !
Posted in Journal, love, nature, Uncategorized
- Tagged awesome, beautiful, blog, bond, challenge, champion, happiness, life, love, marriage, shortstory, story, trust
She loved monkeys so she called her most loved ones as “MONKEY”. Maximum people felt offended and misunderstood her. They failed to understand her love.
But an year later she wrote “MONKEY” to someone and HE replied “LOVE YOU MRS.MONKEY”.
She realised from the bottom of heart that finally she found her monkey of dreams 🙂
Posted in Journal
- Tagged depth, dreams, life, love, loved ones, lover, misunderstanding, monkey, relation, short, soo, special, story, truth
India is always busy with festivals and celebrations. The entire year India celebrates some festival or the other throughout each corner of the country. But one of the most famous and awaited festival is Durga Puja, which is mainly celebrated in the state of West Bengal.
The above picture is of Goddess Durga who is worshiped as the Goddess of POWER by Hindus. In the ancient history of India it is believed that when all Gods failed to finish the evil power named Mahishasur (demon) then it was Goddess Durga who killed him. Basically Durga puja is the festival of worshiping WOMEN POWER. You all can see that she is depicted with 10 hands, it is so because it is said that all Gods gave their most powerful weapon to Durga to finish the evil and bring peace, prosperity all over. Durga sits on a lion who is considered to be her vehicle rather its better to say the lion carries her and helps her to fight the evil.
During the month of September- October usually Durga puja takes place when it is believed that Durga comes to her father’s home with her four kids ( LAKSHMI -daughter, SARASWATI- daughter, Ganesh- son, Kartik- son) for vacation. During this phase for 5 days people across India wears new clothes, indulge themselves in yummy foods , pandal hopping and lots more fun.
I being an Indian wanted to share with you all a very little yet colourful portion of Indian culture and custom.. Hope you all liked reading..
Posted in Journal, Photography
- Tagged celebration, colourful, customs, Durga, Durga puja, evil, family, festival, fun, god, goddess, happiness, history, india, joy, kids, killed, lion, love, power, story, west bengal, women
He promised to gift her the most precious smile and never make her cry.
But one night he did bring tears into her deep brown doe eyes.
Approx 9 months later she was gifted with most precious smile on her lips and a warmth on lap as promised by him…
Posted in Journal, love
- Tagged baby, cry, doe, doe eyed, five, he, lap, life, lips, love, love making, love story, promise, she, smile, story, sweet, tears, warm, warmth
She loved her parents as every other child does. She was very home sick and always clinged to her parents. But after growing up she usually never hugged them or adore them like she did in childhood.
But today before leaving, she wanted to hold them tight and say ” I LOVE YOU BABA MA” !! She could not control her tears.
P.s Baba Ma is father mother in vernacular.
Posted in Journal
- Tagged childhood, cry, father, grow, growing, hug, kiss, leave, love, mother, parents, stories, story
She finally touched her dream. Everyone praised and wished her. She was getting wrapped with happiness. But she had to leave her home, her favourite bed, her study table, her toys, her books and mainly her parents.
She realised she didnt touch her dream rather moved out of dreamland and stepped into reality.
Posted in Journal
- Tagged bed, books, dream, dreamland, father, happiness, job, lesson, life, mother, others, pain, parents, reality, she, story, study table, toys
she loved someone so deeply that she started believing his abnormal traits as symbol of love.
she fell for a stranger! but she felt unsecured, jealous, sad at times because in him the abnormal traits were missing which she still searched for.
she cursed her past.
she cursed herself for misunderstanding her Guardian Angel.
Posted in Journal
- Tagged angel, charming, guardian angel, happiness, insecure, jealousy, love, misunderstand, prince, real, sad, sadness, story
We always wait for events to make us happy. Usually we humans have a tendency to remember only big events which at one point of our life made us happy. But we often overlook the tiny moments of happiness which God gifts us daily. Even when we are going through toughest phase of life God fills our day with tiny happy moments but we do not tend to remember them. We wait for happiness to knock our door but I believe it is meant to be searched for and realised..
Today I have listed below Ten small incidents of daily life which gives me happiness… I guess you too may find some similarities with my ones..
1) extra five minutes sleep after the clock goes “tring tring”..
2) getting a hot cup of tea served before me in the morning..
3) receiving a loved filled goodmorning message from your dear one..
4) watching a little baby on road having fun with mud and water during rain..
5) a sudden smile or goodmorning/goodevening wishes from a stranger on the road..
6) listening favourite old playlist..
7) going through your favourite story book once again..
8) having a long chat with parents on dinner table..
9) walking in the rain or walking on green grass during sunny days..
10) going through an old slam book of school days and cherishing the memories..
Let me know what makes you happy 🙂
Posted in Journal
- Tagged book, chat, daily, experience, green grass, happiness, happy, life, memories, nature, playlist, rain, school days, search, slambook, story, wait