India is always busy with festivals and celebrations. The entire year India celebrates some festival or the other throughout each corner of the country. But one of the most famous and awaited festival is Durga Puja, which is mainly celebrated in the state of West Bengal.
The above picture is of Goddess Durga who is worshiped as the Goddess of POWER by Hindus. In the ancient history of India it is believed that when all Gods failed to finish the evil power named Mahishasur (demon) then it was Goddess Durga who killed him. Basically Durga puja is the festival of worshiping WOMEN POWER. You all can see that she is depicted with 10 hands, it is so because it is said that all Gods gave their most powerful weapon to Durga to finish the evil and bring peace, prosperity all over. Durga sits on a lion who is considered to be her vehicle rather its better to say the lion carries her and helps her to fight the evil.
During the month of September- October usually Durga puja takes place when it is believed that Durga comes to her father’s home with her four kids ( LAKSHMI -daughter, SARASWATI- daughter, Ganesh- son, Kartik- son) for vacation. During this phase for 5 days people across India wears new clothes, indulge themselves in yummy foods , pandal hopping and lots more fun.
I being an Indian wanted to share with you all a very little yet colourful portion of Indian culture and custom.. Hope you all liked reading..
Posted in Journal, Photography
- Tagged celebration, colourful, customs, Durga, Durga puja, evil, family, festival, fun, god, goddess, happiness, history, india, joy, kids, killed, lion, love, power, story, west bengal, women
Today I want to share with each one of you 5 most important learnings which my life taught me in these years. Since its my birthday tomorrow ie 2nd october and this year is a very eventful year in my life so I want to share the most important lessons.
The major 5 lessons are:
1) Being honest always gives immense joy even if it creates problem initially.
2) Keep loving a person without expecting in return BUT love that person who will atleast respect you or be grateful to you for your love, even if he/she does not love you back in return.
3) Keep working hard and with honesty because may be not today or tomorrow but surely someday you will get what you deserve.
4) Have faith in God, if not God then atleast believe that there is a supreme force/power which can do anything and everything so firmly believe in God or that supreme power and be assured that you will get whatever is meant for you to be.
5) Trust others , may be people will take advantage of that but still keep trusting because it may happen so that you loose a dear one just because you did not trust him/her.
Hope these lessons will help many of you to gain a happy loving life..
Posted in Journal, love, Uncategorized
- Tagged afraid, believe, care, force, god, grateful, great, happiness, hardwork, hate, honest, honesty, husband, joy, lesson, lessons, life, love, lovers, parents, power, respect, supreme, trust, wife