” oh you beauty ! You make me forget all my pain..
oh you beauty ! You are the one , over my heart who reigns ” — Shahini..
Today this photo was clicked by me in a beautiful tourism park in Kolkata named Eco-park !! It was my first visit to this park .. the beauty of nature over vast acres of land, the golden sunshine and the cool breeze just made my winter afternoon so warm and beautiful.. In case you are visiting Kolkata, India , make sure to visit this park .. Its indeed breathtaking..
Posted in Journal, love, nature, paintings, Photography, poetry, Uncategorized
- Tagged blissful, blog, blogging, Ecopark, fream, fun, google, happiness, happy, india, internet, kolkata, life, love, pain, Park, photography, photoofday, poem, poetry, technology, Tourism, vacation, winter
Happy Diwali to all of you 🙂 Little lights and colours from me !!
Posted in Journal, love, nature, Photography, Uncategorized
- Tagged candle, divine, diwali, diya, festival, festivaloflights, happiness, india, light, lights, wish in a bottle
Grandpa : dadubhai will you take me to the pandal for once please.
He went to the pandal in wheel chair ! An old lady came and stood beside him draped in a beautiful red-White saree with a big red bindi but wrinkled skin..
Grandpa and the lady looked into eachother’s eye and chanted the pushpanjali verses!
Even after 60 years she is his Durga inspite of knowing he is not Shiv and both kept the promise of “giving pushpanjali together every year since they were kids”……
A love story by me dedicated to all lovers across the world ! Some love never dies !
P.S.. Durga and Shiv are Worshipped as God by Hindus. And they are considered to be husband and wife . Pushpanjali is a ritual of offering flowers to God during celebration..
P.P.S.. Durga Puja is one of the most famous festival of India which mainly takes place in the city of Kolkata.. Though it is nowadays celebrated in every corner of the world with pomp and glory ..
Posted in Journal, love, movie, Photography, Uncategorized
- Tagged awesome, beautiful, beauty, celebration, Durga, Durga puja, eternal, festival, granddad, grandmother, happiness, india, kolkata, life, love, lovestory, nature, old, oldlovestory, shiv, someloveneverdies, story
One of my friends tagged me in a Photography Challenge week in facebook, where I am suppose to upload some of my favorites click over few weeks. So I decided instead of posting just in facebook let me share it with all of you.
I just like to click pictures, I am not a professional photographer neither I own any super good camera. I click pictures with my cellphone mainly just because I like to capture beauty, moments and events of my life !! Though my husband gifted me his nice digital camera of Canon with which I am planning to click more good pictures.
I am also a member of National Geograhic “Your Shot Photo” community. You can check my pictures at ” http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/profile/999509/ “.
Please feel free to share your thoughts about my photograhy 🙂
Posted in love, nature, Photography, Uncategorized
- Tagged awesome, beautiful, blog, blossoms, earth, flower, flowers, green, india, iphone, life, lincoln, love, nationalgeographic, nature, Nebraska, photography, photographyday, usa
Happy New Year to all my readers. Firstly I apologize for being so irregular in posting in my blog.
In this new year I am expecting and planning lots of changes in my life so I thought of posting something different this time.
Below is a letter to my city Kolkata. For those who don’t know much about Kolkata let me tell you in brief that Kolkata is a city in a state named West Bengal in country India. Its also known as “CITY OF JOY”. Its a highly populated yet fun and festival loving city. People of this city are known for their warmth and affection. Many great personalities of the world were born in this city like Rabindranath Tagore, Satyendra Nath Bose, Satyajit Ray and many more.
Here goes the letter with a little picture of Kolkata clicked by me.
Hope you all enjoyed reading 🙂
Posted in Journal, love, Photography, Uncategorized
- Tagged awesome, beautiful, blog, cityofjoy, college, happiness, india, kolkata, lesson, letter, love, marriage, Rabindranathtagore, school, west bengal
A zentangle Owl family by me 🙂 Wanted to bring together two art concepts on one page i.e.. zentangle art and spray painting using brush.
P.S “Zentangle” is an easy to learn method of creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns. It is a fascinating new art form that is fun and relaxing. It increases focus and creativity.
Hope you all like this new combo of art !!!
Posted in ANIMAL, Journal, love, nature, paintings, Photography
- Tagged art, awesome, beautiful, creativity, drawing, focus, fun, india, love, mind, nature, owl, paint, painting, relaxation, spraypaint, zentangle
The entire year most of us wait for Diwali ( a festival of lights celebrated in India ). It is during this time when entire India becomes even more gorgeous with millions of lights and crackers in each corner. So today I am sharing some pictures of Diwali clicked by me this year.
The above pictures are of sky lanterns which I simply loved as this is the first year I was lighting a sky lantern.
P.S it is just wonderful, if possible you can try lighting one..
Two little diyas for you all 🙂 lets light up our lives and remove all darkness. Lets celebrate happiness. Enjoy 🙂
Posted in Journal, love, Photography
- Tagged awesome, beautiful, beauty, bright, candles, celebrate, darkness, diwali, diya, family, festival, happiness, happy, india, lantern, life, light, skylanterns
Meowwwwwwwww !! Meowww !! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Meowwwwwww!!
This was the exact reaction of the kitty after it saw I was clicking its picture . Today I visited one of my relative’s house which is filled with different cats and kittens. I could not manage to click pictures of all of them as I am little scared to go too much near them :p
But since I am a die-hard kitty fan so had to capture these little sweethearts for my blog !!
I hope all cat lovers like me enjoy this post..
Posted in ANIMAL, love, nature, Pet, Photography
- Tagged animals, awesome, beautiful, beauty, cat, cats, earth, enjoy, happiness, india, kitten, kitty, kolkata, life, nature, pet, peta, photo, photography