I am not someone who cooks regularly but I seriously love cooking. Cooking works as source of relaxation and happiness to me just like painting does 🙂
This weekend I prepared one of the Indian delicacy which is very easily prepared yet super tasty. As I uploaded its picture on Facebook , many of my friends and relatives asked me for the recipe. So I decided to post the recipe on my blog , so that not only my friends but the recipe reach out to food lovers all across the globe. P.S Dhania means coriander..
The recipe is below :
Ingredients : (quantity may vary as per requirements)
approx 800gm chicken,
green chillies – 6 or 7,
coriander leaves – 2 big bunch,
tomato – 2 medium size,
onion- 2 medium size, finely chopped.
Sour yoghurt – 1/2 cup,
ginger and garlic paste – 1 teaspoon each,
salt and sugar as per taste,
bay leaves – 2 ,
garam masala ( cloves 7, green cardamoms 4, small cinnamon bars- 4 )
1. Make a smooth paste with coriander leaves , tomatoes, yoghurt , 4 chillies and salt.
2. Marinate the chicken with one tablespoon of yoghurt, pinch of turmeric.
3. In a pan heat 3 teaspoon approx of white oil, add Garam masala and bay leaves to it.
4. Add onions to the oil , pinch of salt and fry till light brown. Then add the ginger garlic paste.
5. Once the onion is soft , add the marinated chicken. Toss it well. Add one teaspoon of cumin powder to it and cook further.
6. When the chicken starts releasing oil, add the coriander paste and cook for 10 mins on low flame and closed lid.
7. Add few more chopped raw green chillies to it and cook till the chicken is super soft. Add more salt as required and half teaspoon sugar.
8. Once the chicken is ready , serve it hot with rice or roti or paratha.
Let me know whether you liked it after trying it out 🙂