Paneer (cottage cheese) butter masala is a North Indian delicacy . It’s complete veg dish which is less spicy but tangy and tasty.
The recipe is below :
Butter – 3 tablespoons,
Cottage cheese- 250 gms , in medium cubes,
Tomato puree/ paste – 2 cups,
Cashew paste – 1 cup,
Ginger paste – 1 tablespoon,
Green chilli- 3 or 4 chopped,
Salt and sugar- as per taste,
Red chilly powder – 1 teaspoon,
Cream- 1 tablespoon.
Garam masala ( cloves, green cardamoms, cinnamons, bay leaf)
1. Add the butter in a pan . Once heated add the garam masala.
2. Add ginger paste to the oil and stir till the raw smell of ginger goes away. Then add the tomato purée.
3. Cook for sometime till the tomato starts releasing oil. Add the cashew paste and stir.
4. Add water and make the paste smooth. Add sugar and salt as per taste ( sweet enough so that it’s not extra tangy) .
5. Then add green chilli.
6. Once the gravy becomes thick enough, add the cubes of cottage cheese.
7. Cook in low flame for minimum 10 mins.
8. Add the cream and coriander leaves on top and serve.
Enjoy the taste 🙂
Mouth watering !!